Gonzaga Preparatory School is a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school that educates students according to Gospel values, inspiring leaders who create a more just and loving world. Since 1887, Gonzaga Prep has prepared students for lives of leadership founded in a tradition of excellence in academics, activities, and service. It is a lifelong community of individuals who go forth and make the world a better place through excellence and service. With a faith-filled, college preparatory environment grounded in values drawn from the long Jesuit tradition, Gonzaga Prep students discover who they are meant to be in this world.
The Systems & Network Technician supports the IT Director in overseeing the day-to-day activities and management of the IT needs of Gonzaga Prep while providing support to its users. This person must be a self-starter who can work independently and in a team setting. The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of others is necessary.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and application to email@example.com
Position closes Monday, April 10, 2023
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
● Maintains end-user workstations for staff, faculty, administrators, and students;
● Provides frontline support for all users and systems;
● Assists users of the school information system;
● Assists with the use and management of the school's data;
● Maintains workstations, projectors, and other technology used in the school;
● Maintains an inventory of technology in the school;
● Installs, deploys, configures, and maintains hardware and software;
● Collaborates on project management, information system problem-solving, and network design;
● Collaborates in the implementation of network designs that emphasize security, reliability, manageability, performance, efficiency, and security;
● Maintains network account directories;
● Maintains printers;
● Manages and maintains systems & technology infrastructure in the school.
● Attends professional development opportunities to be proficient in the use of technology;
● Supervises the student technology center when needed;
● Attends appropriate meetings and the annual faculty/staff retreat;
● Perform other duties as requested by the IT Director or Principal;
● Coordinates textbook purchasing program for the school;
● Understand the School's Mission Statement;
● Demonstrate behavior and values consistent with the school's Mission.
● AA degree in Computer Network Administration or a closely related field.
● Two to five years of experience in IT technical support positions, including software and hardware administration.
● Current industry certifications preferred.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical ability, and judgment.
● Ability to work effectively with users and technical and support staff.
● Work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Position is 12 months exempt, full-time. Additional hours on evenings and weekends may be required, based on school activities and events.
Physical requirements: Physical ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Acceptable eyesight and hearing (with or without correction). Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Environmental Conditions: Works inside in an office environment.
Gonzaga Preparatory School provides a rich offering of benefits and services to our eligible faculty and staff including:
● Full tuition waivers.
● Three different medical health plans including PPO, HMO, and HAS.
● 100% of employee premiums paid by the School for our PPO and HMO medical insurance, dental and vision plans.
● School funded annual contribution of $1,200 to employee HSA plans.
● Retirement plan with a 6% employer match.
● Life insurance and long-term disability insurance are also available.
● Annual, personal, sick, bereavement leave, and 14 paid holidays.