We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Drama/English teacher for both high school and middle school. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating engaging lesson plans, instructing students in Drama and English, and evaluating student performance.
- Plan and deliver engaging and effective lessons in Drama and English courses to HS and MS students
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages student participation and fosters a love of learning
- Assess and evaluate student performance, providing feedback to students and parents as needed.
- Develop and implement appropriate classroom management strategies to ensure a safe and productive learning environment
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop and implement school-wide programs and initiatives
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in Drama and English education, and adapt teaching methods and strategies as necessary
- Participate in school-wide events and activities, such as student-led conferences, staff meetings, and extra-curricular activities
- Put on 2 performances per year
- Work with limited resources to create a great learning experience for students and performance for the community
- Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Drama, or a related field (master's degree preferred)
- Valid teaching certificate in Drama and/or English
- Experience teaching Drama and English at the HS and/or MS level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Passion for Drama and English education, and a commitment to student learning and success
If you are a dedicated and innovative Drama/English teacher who is passionate about helping students achieve their full potential, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.