Gonzaga Preparatory School is a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school that educates students according to Gospel values, inspiring leaders who create a more just and loving world. Since 1887, Gonzaga Prep has prepared students for lives of leadership founded in a tradition of excellence in academics, activities, and service. Through the strong support of its alumni and benefactors, the school’s innovative Fair Share tuition assistance program strives to meet the financial needs of all families who desire for their children a Catholic education in the Jesuit tradition.
The School Custodian answers directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the cleanliness of all interior spaces. This person is an integral part of the School and is expected to maintain a respectful and cooperative relationship with students, faculty, staff, parents and vendors. The School Custodian is expected to take pride in the overall appearance of the entire facility and actively observe and report anything needing to be corrected. The Lead Custodian on the shift may coordinate assignments for the School Custodian, monitor performance and/or provide constructive feedback for the School Custodian. If scheduled on weekends, custodian may also open, set up, close and clean up special events on campus and work with outside groups occasionally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The School Custodian is responsible for cleanliness and general condition of the assigned areas of the School, including one or more of the following areas:
● Offices, Library, Counseling Center, Technology Center: Empty all garbage cans, change liners; vacuum all carpets; dust table tops and filing cabinets; secure all doors and windows; clean windows as needed.
● Student and Faculty Restrooms: Clean and sanitize all sinks, urinals, toilets; clean stall walls as needed; check and fill paper towels and toilet paper; mop floor with sanitizer; secure all windows.
● Halls: Remove all trash from top of lockers; empty all garbage cans; sweep, mop and machine floors.
● Classrooms: Empty all garbage cans; clean all white boards using Expo cleaner; dust ledge near windows; sweep floors using treated mop; spot mop; clean windows as needed; clean desk tops; report all chronic graffiti to teachers; secure all doors and windows.
● Locker Rooms: Clean and sanitize all sinks, urinals, and toilets; check and fill all paper supplies; sweep floors; mop and machine floors with a germicide.
● Cafeteria: Machine floor; put down tables for breakfast and lunch; after lunch clean and wipe down all tables with a germicide; set tables against wall; sweep floor; spot mop; empty all garbage cans and replace with new liners; secure all doors and windows.
● Administration Building: Empty all garbage cans; change liners; vacuum all carpets; dust table tops and filing cabinets; secure all doors and windows; clean windows as needed; clean and sanitize all sinks, urinals, toilets; clean stall walls as needed; check and fill paper towels and toilet paper; mop floor with sanitizer.
● Chapel: Empty all garbage cans; change liners; vacuum all carpets; dust furniture; secure all doors and windows; clean windows as needed; clean and sanitize all sinks, urinals, toilets; check and fill paper towels and toilet paper.
● High School diploma or equivalent
● One year of experience in custodial position
● Satisfactory work record, including attendance and dependability, stability, and ability to establish effective relationships with other employees, students, faculty, administrators, parents and visitors to the School.
● Physical ability to stand for prolonged periods; ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, and move heavy objects; ability to operate power equipment, such as buffers or scrubbers; ability to climb ladders.
Gonzaga Preparatory School provides a rich offering of benefits and services to our faculty and staff. Eligible employees may choose from three different health plans including medical, dental and vision; an excel1lent retirement plan (6% employer match); life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Additionally, eligible employees may take advantage of full tuition waivers, personal, sick and bereavement leave, and paid holidays.
Email a cover letter, resume, and application to Nick Furgason, Plant Manager, at email@example.com.